Tender salmon burgers that are full of flavor! These little patties can be served over tomato slices and peppery arugula for a light and healthy (gluten-free) meal, or you can go classic and have it on a bun.
I’ve been a bad blogger, I know. It’s been so nice out that all I want to do is be outside… not sitting in front of the computer! I think I finally worked out a schedule for myself to get my regular posts up, but we shall see how that works out.
Once the warm weather rolls around the last thing I want to do is spend hours in the kitchen. Even with the air conditioning on full blast, it’s still hot when you’re standing over a stove or have that oven on. So I’m always trying to make meals that are quick or can be made ahead so that I’m not in the kitchen during the hottest part of the day.
Salmon burgers are one of my favorite summer meals and I can’t believe I haven’t shared them yet. I’ve been making these for years now. They are perfect because they don’t require a lot of time in the kitchen and if you want, you can make them ahead and eat them cold (my favorite). Or, you could do all the prep in the morning and then just cook them up when you’re ready to eat. It’s the perfect summer meal for al fresco dining!
I like to keep my summer meals as light as possible because when it’s hot I don’t want a heavy meal. So, for these burgers I enjoy mine over a bed of arugula and juicy tomatoes. Kyle has his on a big kaiser roll. Either way they are delicious!
Let’s talk about the green goddess sauce. I’m a huge fan of green goddess dressing. It’s so fresh tasting and full of summer herbs. I generally prefer thinner dressings on my salads, but for the salmon burgers I like to make it thicker and more like a sauce. That way if you are eating it on a bun it won’t be running off and down your hands while you’re trying to eat it.
The salmon mixture is really delicate so I recommend making them on a grill pan or just a sauté pan on the stove. If you tried to put them on a grill I think they would end up making a mess. Once they cook up they are firm, but still soft and juicy on the inside.
You definitely need to give these salmon burgers a try – I think they will quickly become one of your favorites!
- 2 (6 oz.) Salmon Filets, cubed
- 1 Leek, white part only, thinly sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves, peeled
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- ¼ Cup Almond Meal, or breadcrumbs if not gluten-free
- Handful of Fresh Italian Parsley
- 1 Egg
- Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ Cup Paleo Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Chopped Italian Parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Chopped Chives
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Chopped Dill
- 1 Garlic Clove, peeled
- 1 Anchovy Filet
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Arugula or Lettuce
- Sliced Tomatoes
- In the bowl of a food processor combine the cubed salmon, leeks, garlic cloves, lemon zest and juice, almond meal, parsley, egg, salt, and pepper. Pulse until the mixture is well combined. Don’t over mix!
- For the mixture into 4 large burgers, or 12 mini ones and place them on a paper towel lined plate. This will soak up any excess moisture Theses are delicate burgers, so be gentle with them!
- Heat a grill pan* over high heat and lightly oil it. Grill the salmon burgers for 3-4 minutes per side or until they have nice grill marks on each side and are cooked through.
- Combine the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, herbs, garlic, anchovy filet, lemon zest and juice, salt, and pepper into a mini food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Serve the burgers on a bed of tomatoes and arugula (or a roll) and top with the green goddess sauce.
- *I suggest only cooking these on a grill pan or a sauté pan. The burgers are a little too delicate for the outdoor grill.