Looking for some delicious vegan recipes? I’ve got you covered!
My friend Ali from inPSYCHful living reached out to me for vegan recipe ideas to serve at an upcoming dinner party she’s hosting. She has friends that recently became vegan, so she’s looking for some staple recipes that she will able to use time and time again. Ali suggested I do a roundup on my blog and I thought it was such a great idea that I got right to it!
I know from experience that hosting dinner parties or holidays can be challenging when there are special diets involved. If you’re hosting a dinner party or holiday meal it’s always a good idea to find out what your guests can and cannot eat. Obviously if you are cooking for friends you probably know what kind of diet they are following. However, it’s always best to check incase anything has changed or if you aren’t familiar with the specifics of their diet. It’s always best to ask than make guesses!
I assure you, you’re guests will greatly appreciate your effort! I can’t tell you how excited I get when I go to a party and there are gluten-free items available. 😊
Ok enough of my jabbering, let’s get to the recipes!
Appetizers & Snacks
- Crispy Oven Fries – I have been SO obsessed with these lately! I do a different spice combo every single time. Lately, I’ve been into just salt, pepper, and dried oregano. (Try dipping them in Chimichurri Sauce instead of ketchup!)
- Butternut Squash Hummus – This looks amazing! Serve with cut up veggies and some gluten-free crackers or tortilla chips! I can’t wait to try this one 😍
- Wild Rice Stuffed Portobellos – These look super simple and could serve as a main course or you could pop the stuffing into smaller mushrooms for little appetizers!
- Rainbow Vegetable Spring Rolls – Who doesn’t love spring rolls? Such a fun way to eat your veggies! Use gluten-free soy sauce if you need these to be gluten-free!
- Vegan Meze Platter – This beautiful Mediterranean platter is sure to please just about anyone! Plus, it’s super easy to throw something like this together when you’re in a hurry.
Salads & Soups
- Roasted Beet and Avocado Salad – One of my favorite salads (especially around the holidays!) I use honey in the dressing, but to make it vegan simply substitute your favorite sweetener (agave, white sugar, etc.)
- Winter Quinoa Salad – This is an oldie from my blog (so ignore the photos) but one of my favorites! I forgot how much I love this salad. I think I know what I’ll be doing with the butternut squash in my fridge 😉
- Acorn Squash and Kale Soup – I just love this soup. It’s so hearty and healthy. Plus, it’s really easy to make!
- Potato Leek Soup – One of my favorite soups, but this version is gluten-free and vegan! I think this would be perfect if you’re looking for something fancy to serve your guests. They don’t have to know how easy it really is to make 😉
- Best Lentil Soup – I really can’t wait to try this one! I love lentil soup! This one looks so tasty and healthy!
- Oven Roasted Vegetable Fajitas – This recipe is perfect for when you have different diet requirements at your party – those that eat dairy can add sour cream and cheese, vegans can leave those off and just pile it high with guacamole (👍), plus by using corn tortillas you’ve got gluten-free covered! And, if you have meat eaters you can always have chicken prepared for them to mix in with the veggies. I love versatile recipes like this!
- Vegan Singapore Noodles – Singapore noodles are so delicious and this vegan version looks just as amazing as a meat version! I’ll be trying these very soon!
- Mushroom Bourguignon – Fancy comfort food right here! If you need it to be gluten-free, simply use brown rice in place of the farro and gluten-free flour in place of wheat flour.
- Vegan Mac and Cheese – Even vegans need comfort food! This mac and cheese looks wonderful and can easily be made gluten-free if you need it to be. Use your favorite gluten-free pasta, gluten-free flour, and gluten-free breadcrumbs.
- Slow Cooker Lentil Shepherd’s Pie – Comfort food made in the slow cooker! My mouth is watering!
- Mexican Rice – The perfect side to any vegan Mexican meal! It also makes a great base for a burrito bowl – just top it with beans, some spiced-roasted veggies, salsa, and guacamole. Yum!
- Green Beans with Almonds – This is one of my favorite sides and pairs well with so many different dishes!
- Crispy Garlic Smashed Potatoes – Everyone loves potatoes, right? Perfect side to any meal!
- Roasted Maple Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes – Not only would these make a great year-round vegan side, but they will be perfect for Thanksgiving!
- Bombay Veggie Bowls – This delicious looking veggie dish could pass for a salad, a main dish or a side! (Swap out the honey in the dressing for your favorite vegan sweetener)
- Individual Blueberry Peach Crisps – Although these are made with summer fruits you can easily use frozen. Or better yet, use different fruit to suit the seasons! I have an apple version coming up soon 😊
- Healthy Chocolate Tart – I’m dying over this one! It looks so amazing and is actually healthy and accommodating to so many diets!
- Vegan Gingersnap Cookies – These vegan cookies are also gluten-free. A good recipe for holiday cookie baking!
- Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake – Drool-worthy right here 😍 (and gluten-free!)
- Fudgy Gluten-Free Egg-Free Brownies – These brownies look just like the classic you know and love! Oh and these aren’t made with beans like a lot of vegan versions are, so that makes them great if you don’t eat beans!
There you have it! I hope you found some inspiration from these vegan recipes – I know I have! I’ve also realized that I need to experiment more with vegan cooking, plus I now have a lot of ideas for future recipes.
Thanks Ali for the suggestion of this post – I’ve been in a recipe “funk” lately and this has inspired me again! 😊