A simple and quick meal that is perfect for busy weeknights! This healthy ground turkey broccoli stir-fry is packed with flavor, but couldn’t be easier to put together.
It’s Thursday! Which means it’s almost Friday and we have a snow storm coming. People are scrambling to get their snow shovels, bread, eggs, and milk. Stores are selling OUT of said items. That’s just crazy to me!
I just can’t fathom that snow shovels would be so hard to come by. Do people just throw them away from year to year? Sure, every so often you need to replace your shovel, but it seems every time there is a possibility of snow, stores are selling out. This is the northeast and we do get snow every year. Meaning, most people should have a shovel.
My plans for riding out the storm? Steak, wine, and a good book.
I do have to go to the grocery store later, though. Wish me luck. 😁
Let’s talk stir-fry.
I make a stir-fry at least a few times a month. It’s just so simple to throw leftover meats and veggies together, flavor it up, and serve it over rice. Stir-frys are my favorite for busy weeknights or when I don’t know what to make.
For this one, I used ground turkey that I had in the freezer. I really loved the ground turkey in here – it was so tender and quick cooking. To really add flavor, I marinated it with a little garlic, ginger, and soy sauce while I prepared the rest of the dish.
Not only does this stir-fry come together super fast, but it’s healthy too! It’s also very versatile – you can use whatever meat and veggies you have on hand. It’s the perfect recipe for when you don’t know what to make and you need to clean out the fridge!
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey
- 2 Garlic Cloves, finely minced
- 1 Teaspoon Freshly Grated Ginger
- 2 Teaspoons Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil, divided
- 1 Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 Small-Medium Heads Broccoli, cut into florets and then halved
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Paste, or more to taste
- 1 Lime, juiced
- Scallions, thinly sliced for garnish
- Hot Cooked Rice, for serving
- In a medium bowl, break up the ground turkey and add in the garlic, ginger, and soy sauce. Mix well and set aside to marinate while you prep the rest of the dish. Heat a large wok over high heat and add in 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil. Once it’s melted and the wok is very hot, add in the onion and stir-fry until soft, about 1-2 minutes. Add in the carrots and broccoli and continue stir-frying until the vegetables are crisp-tender. Season the mixture well with salt and pepper and remove the veggies to a bowl or plate.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons in the wok and when it heats up add in the ground turkey. Let the turkey sit, untouched, for about 30 seconds or until it starts to brown. Begin breaking up the turkey and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until it’s cooked through.
- Add the vegetables back into the wok and toss well to heat through. Stir in the chili paste and mix well.
- Serve the stir-fry over rice and top with scallions and a squeeze of lime juice.