If you love zucchini bread, you’re going to love this zucchini bread bundt cake! It’s a summer classic that’s taken up a notch with a delicious cream cheese glaze.
Happy Friday, my friends! How was your week? Mine was pretty uneventful, so I don’t have that much to talk about.
The good news is, I have a lot to say about this cake recipe! Who doesn’t love a good zucchini bread? If you have a garden, you’re probably overrun with zucchini… and you’ve probably already made a few loaves of zucchini bread.
If you’re over the bread, you need to try it in cake form! I’ve taken my grandmother’s recipe and added my own spin on it! Basically, it’s the same recipe but baked in a bundt pan and topped with a delicious cream cheese glaze.
If you’ve never had zucchini bread… what is wrong with you?! Just kidding. If you’ve never had it, you’re going to want to get some zucchini ASAP and make this bundt cake. It’s insanely simple to make and makes a fantastic dessert… or breakfast.
I’ve definitely eaten it for breakfast. It pairs perfectly with a hot cup of coffee. 😊
This cake is SO easy to make that there aren’t any specific instructions I need to send your way. So, I can either bore you by going on and on about how good it is, or we get the weekend started right now. 😉
Ah, but before I let you go… I’ll tell you Kyle claims he doesn’t like zucchini bread. I made him take a bite before telling him what it was and he loved it. So, even if you’re a zucchini-bread-hater, you should still try this cake. Anything with cream cheese glaze poured over the top is a win in my book!
Have a great weekend! ✌🏼
- 360 Grams All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour (with xanthan gum*), or 3 cups regular all-purpose flour if you’re not gluten-free
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 Eggs
- ¾ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Grated Zucchini
- 1 Cup Oil, I used coconut oil, but canola or vegetable will work too
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- Heavy Cream, for thinning
- Chopped Toasted Walnuts, for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven 350º.
- Butter a bundt pan and coat with a layer of flour, dumping out any excess. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Whisk the eggs, sugars, and vanilla extract until well combined in a large bowl. Add in the zucchini and mix well.
- Combine the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. Stir in the oil and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and bake at 350º for about 1 hour, or until the top is golden brown and a cake tester comes out dry with a few crumbs. (Start checking the cake at 45 minutes.)
- Once the cake is done, let it cool for 10 minutes in the pan and then take a knife and gently run it around the edges to loosen the cake. Turn the cake onto a cooling rack and let it cool completely.
- Make the glaze by whisking together the cream cheese and lemon juice. Add in the powdered sugar and whisk until it’s fully incorporated. Whisk in enough heavy cream to make a thick glaze – it should run in a slow, but steady stream when you pour it with a spoon. Spoon the glaze over the cake (you may not need it all) and top the cake with chopped walnuts if desired. Serve slices topped with additional glaze if desired.
- The cake is best eaten fresh, but you can store it in the refrigerator for a few days. It’s best to cut a slice and let it come to room temperature, as it’s much better and softer when it’s not cold!
- *If you’re flour blend doesn’t contain xanthan gum, add 1 teaspoon to the recipe.