An easy, but delicious way to use that 5-ingredient chipotle chicken! These tostadas are full of flavor and make a great quick dinner.
How was your Labor Day weekend? Mine was really fun – it was filled with sun, lots of food, and family. I was so sad to see it end, but I must admit I’m really excited for this month. It is my birthday month after all! And, summer really shows no signs of leaving us anytime soon, so I plan to continue enjoying the weather.
Today’s recipe is super easy. It’s a simple tostada piled high with roasted sweet corn, chipotle shredded chicken, and lots of cheese! These tostadas come together really fast and make the perfect snack or meal served alongside my Mexican rice – recipe coming up shortly 🙂
If you’re like me, you’re trying to hoard all of the sweet corn you possibly can. I generally just snack on a cob, but I decided to get a little more creative and actually use it in more recipes. The roasted corn pairs so nicely with the chipotle chicken. The combination of the sweet roasted corn with the spicy-smoky chicken is wonderful – and then the cheese, well that makes everything better.
I had such big plans for topping these tostadas. I had planned on guacamole, salsa, and sour cream. My avocado was bad, I was out of salsa, and I forgot about the sour cream. I figured I could just sprinkle the top with parsley and that would at least look pretty. Well, as you can guess from the photos, I was out of parsley too. I had a very tiny amount of dried parsley in my pantry, but it was so minimal that you can barely even see it.
So, if you make these – go crazy with the toppings and make them look prettier than mine do!
- 2 Ears Fresh Sweet Corn, removed from the cob
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 8 Corn Tortillas
- Coconut Oil
- 1 ½ Cups 5 Ingredient Chipotle Chicken
- 1 ½ Cups Cheddar Cheese
- Optional Toppings: Guacamole, Salsa, Sour Cream
- Preheat the oven to 475º.
- Toss the fresh corn with salt and pepper on a baking sheet. Roast the corn for 10-15 minutes or until it’s lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, lightly brush each corn tortilla with coconut oil. Bake the tortillas for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly brown around the edges. They will still be slightly soft at this point.
- Top each tortilla evenly with corn, the chicken, and cheese. Bake the tostadas for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve the tostadas topped with guacamole, salsa, and sour cream.