A picture perfect salad with summer’s best produce! This grilled peach and arugula salad comes together quickly, but packs a big flavor punch. Drizzle it with my delicious homemade mint vinaigrette for a refreshing meal!
Is anyone else in shock that July is coming to end? It seems like just yesterday I was complaining about the cold weather and wishing for summer, and now we are less than a week away from August! I just can’t get over how fast time flies.
When I was kid, August was my least favorite month. Why? BACK TO SCHOOL. I hated going back to school. Absolutely hated it. More than most kids do. I did however, love going back-to-school-shopping. New clothes and tons of new notebooks, pens, and other fun school supplies always appealed to me.
I get pretty excited now when I see back to school signs plastered all over stores because I can take advantage of great sales, but I don’t actually have to go “back to school”! I’m a sucker for office supplies and you can find the best stuff for the best prices this time of year. I don’t actually need anymore office supplies, but you can never have too many pens, sharpies, and notebooks. Right?
Ok enough of that talk. Let’s stay in the heart of summer with a delicious salad recipe!
Have you ever tried grilling fruit? If not, you need to! Things like pineapple and stone fruits are really enhanced by grilling. Peaches are probably my favorite summer fruit. There is nothing better than a juicy, sweet peach. Mmmm.
Take the juicy, sweet peach and grill it, add it on top of peppery arugula, creamy goat cheese, and walnuts and you’ve got yourself the best summer salad. It’s perfect for a hot summer day when you don’t want to cook!
Grilling peaches is easy. Just oil up a hot grill pan or your outdoor grill and add the peaches. Once you have grill marks you’re ready to go. It only takes a few minutes!
Toss white balsamic vinegar, honey, shallots, mint, salt, pepper, and olive oil into a small mason jar. Tighten the lid and shake until it’s well combined. That’s all it takes to make this dressing! The white balsamic really pairs well with the peaches, but if you can’t find it you can use white wine vinegar, champagne vinegar, or even regular balsamic vinegar. I just love the mild balsamic flavor that the white provides, but any of the other vinegars I mentioned will also work well.
This recipe will serve 2 as an entrée salad or 4 as an appetizer portion. If you want to add a protein to this salad, grilled chicken would make an excellent choice!
- 2-3 Fresh Ripe Peaches, halved and pit removed
- 6 Cups Fresh Arugula, washed and dried
- 4 oz. Goat Cheese, crumbled
- ¼ Cup Walnuts, toasted
- 2 Tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar*
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- ½ Small Shallot, thinly sliced
- Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Mint Leaves, finely chopped
- 5 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Heat a grill pan over high heat. Lightly grease the pan with cooking spray or oil and add the peaches, cut side down. Grill for 1-2 minutes or until you have golden brown grill marks. Transfer the peaches to a cutting board and let cool while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Lay the arugula on a large salad plate, or divide evenly among individual salad plates if you prefer. Top evenly with the goat cheese and walnuts.
- To make the vinaigrette, combine the vinegar, honey, shallot, salt, pepper, mint, and oil in a small mason jar. Tighten the lid and shake until well combined.
- Slice the peaches into wedges and top the salad with them. Drizzle with the mint vinaigrette and serve!
- *If you can’t find white balsamic vinegar, you can substitute white wine vinegar, champagne vinegar, or regular balsamic vinegar. I like the mild flavor and white color of the white balsamic, so if you can find it I highly recommend it!
- *This recipe serves 2 as a large entrée salad, or 4 as an appetizer portion.
- *Grilled chicken would be a wonderful addition if you’d like to add a protein!