Roasted corn with pesto butter is a fun and flavorful way to eat corn! Not only is this a delicious side dish, but it’s super simple to make.
Hi friends! Long time no … post? I forgot to tell you all I’d be taking some days off! Last Thursday we traveled back to Pennsylvania for a long Labor Day weekend, and then Monday was spent relaxing back here in Delaware.
Did you all enjoy the long weekend? Mine was full of family and food (like usual!), as well as some garage cleaning with my mom. All in all it was a fun weekend and although Labor Day is over, it’s still full on summer here!
I know everyone is super excited for fall, but I’m just not there yet. You shouldn’t expect to see fall recipes from me anytime soon..maybe a few transition style recipes, but that’s it! For now.
I just can’t say goodbye to summer until it actually ends, which happens to be right around my birthday. So until then you can find me hoarding all the corn, tomatoes, watermelon, and peaches that I can get my hands on.
Speaking of corn…
Roasted corn with pesto butter! Yes, it tastes just as good as it sounds.
Corn pairs perfectly with basil, so roasted corn smothered in pesto butter is a no-brainer. It’s such a great way to enjoy the last of the summer corn.
The method for this tasty corn is incredibly simple. Roast up some corn, melt some butter with pesto (homemade or store-bought), brush it on the corn and cover in parm. That’s it!
Aside from finding a thousand different ways to tell you how good this corn is, I really don’t have much else to say about this recipe. It’s just simple, tasty food!
In other news, we are entering heat wave number 7.. or 6. I can’t remember. Does it even matter how many heat waves we’ve had?! This entire summer has been one big heat wave. I’m definitely not one to complain about the heat, especially in summer… because, duh it’s supposed to be hot! However, these heat waves have been pretty intense. Oppressive humidity with the heat index well over 100 makes doing anything outside pretty miserable.
Which reminds me! I do have more to say about this recipe now. Ideally I’d probably have grilled the corn, but it’s too dang hot to even do that. That being said, you can cook the corn with your preferred method… grilled, boiled, microwaved, over a fire.. you get the point. Roasting gives me the closest flavor to grilled while staying cool in the AC.
I shall cut this post off now since it’s already all over the place! Bottom line: go hoard some corn and cover it in pesto butter. ✌️
- 12 Ears Fresh Sweet Corn, remove a few outer leaves from the husk and leave the rest in tact
- 6 Tablespoons Homemade or Store-bought Pesto
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 6 Tablespoons Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375º.
- Place the corn directly on the racks in the oven and roast it for 15-20 minutes, for crisp-tender. Remove the corn and set it aside while you prepare the topping.
- Combine the pesto with the butter in a small saucepot and allow it to melt gently over medium-low heat.
- Shuck the corn (leaving the husks attached to use as a handle!) and brush liberally with the butter. Sprinkle each ear of corn with ½ tablespoon of parmesan cheese and serve!
- You can also grill the corn or even boil it if you prefer!
- This recipe can easily be cut down or multiplied depending on how much you need. The ratio is: ½ tablespoon of pesto, small pat of butter, and ½ tablespoon parmesan cheese per ear of corn. Don’t get too hung up on measurements here as it’s a very forgiving recipe!