Put that leftover Thanksgiving turkey to good use! This leftover turkey, cranberry, and almond salad combines sweet and savory flavors for the perfect day-after lunch.
Happy Wednesday! It’s kinda like Friday since tomorrow is a holiday.. I hope you’re lucky enough to have the next few days off!
Kyle and I are headed home to PA to spend Thanksgiving with our families, but we are coming back bright and early on Friday to get our tree! I am squealing with excitement for that – I just LOVE decorating for Christmas. I also can’t wait to start listening to Christmas music and watch some movies, too!
Until then, it’s still all about Thanksgiving. And I definitely couldn’t leave you hanging with all of those leftovers! ?
If you still have some leftover turkey after making this, then you definitely need to make this turkey salad! It’s one of my favorite ways to use up leftover turkey. Mostly because it’s super easy and there’s a million different ways you can serve it.
Seriously, it’s the easiest recipe ever. You literally throw everything into a bowl and mix it up. If you’re feeling fancy you can whisk the dressing first, but you really don’t have to do that. Perfect light lunch for the day after Thanksgiving if you ask me.
You can keep this in the fridge for a couple of days and enjoy it in so many different ways. My favorite is just eating it with a fork. My second favorite is over kale, and my third favorite is sandwiched between two pieces of my fav gluten-free bread.
In all honesty I’d take this salad in any form. You can.. wrap it in a tortilla, place it in lettuce cups, eat with crackers or vegetables, or anything else you can dream up!
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and most importantly remember to enjoy every second of every moment that you have to be thankful for. This time of year always seems to pass in the blink of an eye, so set aside some time to take it all in and live in the moment!
Happy Thanksgiving, friends! ?
- 3 Cups Leftover Turkey or Chicken, shredded
- ¾ Cup Celery, finely chopped
- ¼ Cup Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/3 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- ¾ - 1 Cup Mayonnaise*
- 2 Teaspoons Whole Grain Mustard
- 2 Teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Sandwiched between 2 slices of toasted (or untoasted) bread
- Wrapped up in a flour tortilla
- Lettuce wraps
- Vegetables (Cucumber slices, carrot sticks, etc.)
- On a bed of kale (or any other lettuce you like)
- Combine the turkey, celery, red onion, cranberries, almonds, and parsley in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, and apple cider vinegar. Season well with salt and pepper and pour the dressing over the turkey mixture. Toss well. Chill for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- *I recommend starting out with ¾ cup of mayo and then adding more if the salad needs more moisture. I prefer mine to be more about the ingredients and less about the dressing, so I tend to use less mayo. If you like yours with more dressing, you will want to use the full cup of mayo.