Cod filets are rubbed with a flavorful spice mixture before roasting to perfection. Top this roasted chili-lime cod with a delicious lime-butter sauce and serve over brown rice and sweet corn for a fantastic weeknight meal!
I’m always looking for great ways to enjoy fish that are both quick and easy. Today’s recipe fits the bill in both departments and as an added bonus it’s full of flavor! Those are the best kind of recipes, in my opinion.
Roasted Chili-Lime Cod starts with a flavorful dry rub using spices that you probably already have in your pantry. Paprika, parsley, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and a little cayenne pepper all combine for a flavor explosion! This rub will work on all kinds of fish, but I used cod because I had some filets on hand. I think it would be great on any white fish and especially salmon.
Once you’ve got your fish slathered in the dry rub, you want to let it marinate for at least 30 minutes – this allows the a lot of the flavors to be absorbed into the fish. You can marinate the fish for up to 12 hours, so it’s great to do in the morning before work – and then you can just pop it in the oven when you are ready for dinner.
While your fish is cooking (it only takes about 12 minutes!) you can prepare the lime drizzle – it’s just lime juice, olive oil, and a little butter! It couldn’t be any easier, but it really packs a punch on top of the fish. After 12 minutes your fish is done – top it with the lime drizzle and get ready to be wowed. Who knew fish could be so good?
I like to serve this dish over plain brown rice and sweet corn. The rice soaks up the delicious lime butter and the sweetness from the corn really balances out everything.
Flaky fish, flavorful spices, and tangy lime make for a fabulous meal. You need to make this soon – it’s a great summer meal and it’s easy. What is better than that?
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Parsley
- ½ Teaspoon Oregano
- ½ Teaspoon Chili Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Cumin
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 2 Cod Fillets*
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- Zest and Juice of 2 Limes
- Cooked Brown Rice, for serving, optional
- Cooked Corn, for serving, optional
- In a small bowl combine all of the spices and mix well. Using 1 tablespoon of olive oil, brush the cod filets and then rub the filets with the spice mixture. You will use the entire rub – so make sure to coat them very well. Refrigerate the cod filets for at least 30 minutes, or up to 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450º. Place the cod filets on a foil-lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 10-12 minutes – the fish will flake easily and be opaque throughout when it’s cooked through.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepot, melt the butter with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add in the lime zest and juice and swirl the pan to mix. Serve the cod overtop of brown rice and corn, if desired, and top with the lime butter.
- *This recipe is for 2 servings. If you want more you can adjust the spices as necessary - they are very easy to double. You can even double or quadruple the recipe and store any extra in an airtight container to have on hand. This rub will work on all kinds of fish or poultry - it's a good one to have in your pantry!