Buttered noodles get a fancy (but tasty) makeover in this comforting fall pasta dish. Fettuccine with roasted spiralized red beets, walnuts, and feta is easy to make, but insanely delicious!
Hello hello hello! <– Too much? Maybe. But, today’s recipe has me super excited! Before we jump into that, though, let’s talk about this weather.
We had one.. maybe two days that actually felt fall-ish. Now we are back to summer. I’m not complaining, per se, but I would like to wear some of my newly purchased fall clothes. Mostly because my favorite pair of sandals are worn out now and one can’t find a new pair in October. Yes I have other sandals, but I don’t like them as much.. plus new fall boots/booties are just waiting to be worn! Anyone with me here?
I suppose I’d like some fall weather because I don’t want to jump from hot to extremely cold winter-like temperatures. Have I ever mentioned how much I hate winter and wearing coats? I hold out as long as humanly possible from wearing a coat. It’s usually mid to late December.. sometimes even January before I’ll wear a coat.
Ok, enough about my weird weather/clothing issues. Let’s talk about fettuccine with roasted spiralized red beets, walnuts, and feta!
Whew! That’s a mouthful… but a delicious one at that. Just a few ingredients are all you need for this tasty, comforting pasta dish.
We’ve got red beets (YUM), gluten-free fettuccine (or regular if you aren’t gluten-free), butter (who doesn’t love some butter?!), feta (yes please!), walnuts (for the crunch), and fresh herbs (because fresh herbs). Such a good, but simple combo of ingredients!
As per usual, Kyle claims to hate red beets. But, he loves pasta, butter, and feta. And, these red beets came from our garden… so he will typically eat things that we grow. Surprise, surprise.. he loved this pasta dish. I’ve made it about 3 times already, which says a lot since I rarely make things that many times in such a short period.
So, go grab yourself some red beets and get cookin’. Trust me, you’re going to love this pasta dish… and if you’re anything like me, you’ll be adding it to the weekly rotation!
Have a great week! ✌🏼
- 4 Medium-Sized Red Beets, scrubbed clean, peeled, and spiralized into spaghetti*
- Extra-Light Olive Oil, for drizzling
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 (9 oz.) Package Dried Gluten-Free Fettuccine*
- 4 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- ½ Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- ¼ Cup Fresh Parsley and Chives, finely chopped
- ¼ Cup Chopped Walnuts, toasted*
- Preheat the oven to 425º.
- Toss the sprialized red beets (trim them with kitchen shears if they are too long) with some olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, set a large pot of water to a boil. Once the water is at a rolling boil, salt it well and add in the fettuccine. Cook according to package instructions, subtracting one minute from the cook time. Before draining, reserve 1 cup of the pasta water. Drain the fettuccine and rinse with hot water.
- Place the pasta back into the pot and add in the butter. Toss to melt the butter and slowly add in some pasta water until the pasta has a saucy consistency. Toss in the red beet noodles.
- Stir in half of the cheese and herbs, and then pile the pasta onto serving dishes. Top each portion with nuts, remaining cheese, and herbs. Serve and enjoy!
- *Wear gloves to protect your hands from staining! If you don't have a spiralizer, you can just cut the beets into cubes and roast them before tossing them into the pasta.
- *I buy mine from amazon. You can use whatever your favorite pasta is, just make sure you take note to the weight. If you use a 12 oz. box you'll need to increase your amounts slightly!