Fresh green beans are roasted with lemon juice and finished off with freshly grated parmesan cheese. This delicious and healthy side dish pairs perfectly with just about anything!
Welcome to the new website! It’s been a long process, but I’m so happy it’s (almost) done – we still have a few minor bugs to work out, and I have a lot recipe formatting to do! However, all new recipes will have a “print” option and a “save” option. Also, you’ll see in the sidebar (if you’re reading on a desktop) a little box that you can type in your e-mail to have new posts delivered to you! If you’re on a mobile device, this option is at the bottom of the page.
Ok, I think that’s all I have to say for now about that! Onto today’s recipe…
Green beans have always been one of my favorite vegetables – I frequently requested them as a kid. For years I only ever steamed them, which is great, but can be a little boring. So, if you’re looking for a more flavorful and fun way to eat green beans, then this recipe is for you!
Basically, all you have to do here is preheat your oven, toss fresh green beans with olive oil and lemon juice, season them up with salt and pepper, and pop them in the oven. It’s easy, and they only take 15-20 minutes! I love recipes that I can throw into the oven and not have to babysit on the stove.
I served these roasted green beans with my roasted pork loin, but they make a great side for any meal. It’s a great way to enjoy a vegetable – especially if you’re trying to eat more veggies and need flavorful ways to prepare them! I love vegetables, but I admit they can be boring and bland at times. So, this is a great way to keep things healthy, but still really flavorful.
Oh, and did I mention I top them off with parmesan cheese? Just a little. It takes them to a whole new level! It’s completely optional, though.
- 2 lbs. Green Beans,cleaned and trimmed
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese,optional
- Preheat the oven to 425º.
- Toss the green beans with the olive oil, lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. Place them evenly on a large baking sheet.
- Roast the green beans for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly golden and crisp-tender.
- Transfer the green beans to a serving platter and top with fresh parmesan cheese, if desired.
Leave a Reply