Rich salmon filets are covered in a sweet and spicy glaze and served over a celery root salad that is full of texture and flavor. This sriracha glazed salmon with spiralized celery root salad is a clean and healthy dish that is sure to make you feel good from the inside out!
I don’t know about you, but I’m ready for the arrival of spring. I’m tired of always being cold, having plans ruined by the weather, and being PALE. I need some sunlight on my face!
I hate to wish time away, so I’ll just hope the weather takes a sudden turn toward spring for the rest of February ?.
Today’s recipe is the perfect dish if you’re ready for spring and summer! It’s full of winter veggies, but is so fresh that you’ll forget it’s February.
Have you ever tried celery root? It’s a rather ugly looking vegetable, but it has a great flavor raw or cooked. I decided to spiralize it, which makes it look pretty and makes it fun to eat. However, if you don’t have a spiralizer, you can cut the celery root into matchsticks and have it that way.
For the rest of the salad we’ve got blood oranges, thinly sliced celery, and parsley. That’s it! Simple, fresh ingredients that pack a big punch. That’s my kinda food.
The dressing is made up of blood orange juice, lemon, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Tangy-sweet perfection!
The great thing about this salad is that it gets better as it sits. I like to make it before starting on the salmon so that the flavors can meld and the celery root can soften a bit. It will last a few days in the fridge too!
The salmon is also really simple to put together – just broil it for 5 minutes, then cover it in a sweet and spicy sriracha glaze. The glaze is SO easy – it’s just sriracha, honey, and blood orange juice. It packs a ton of flavor and pairs perfectly with the salad.
Not only is this dish full of flavor, but it’s waistline-friendly too. Perfect for getting spring and summer ready. Or, in my case, wedding ready! Only 85 days to go! ? ?
- 1 Large Celery Root, peeled and spiralized into noodles*
- 2 Stalks Celery, thinly sliced
- 2 Blood Oranges, segmented & then the juice squeezed from the remaining orange into a small mason jar
- ¼ Cup Fresh Parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- ¼ Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 (6 oz.) Salmon Filets
- Salt & Pepper
- Extra-Light Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Sriracha
- 2 Teaspoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Blood Orange Juice, from about half of a blood orange
- In a medium-large bowl, combine the spiralized celery root, celery, blood orange segments, and parsley. Toss to combine.
- Make the dressing by combing the blood orange juice, lemon juice, mustard, salt, pepper, and olive oil into a small mason jar. Put the lid on the jar and shake well until the dressing is combined.
- Toss the salad with about half of the dressing and set it aside while you prepare the salmon.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Season the salmon on both sides with salt and pepper, and then drizzle it lightly with olive oil.
- Broil the salmon for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the sriracha, honey, and blood orange juice in a small bowl.
- Take the salmon out from the broiler and brush each piece with the glaze. Return it to the broiler and continue cooking for 5-7 minutes, or until the top is golden and the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve the salmon over the salad and drizzle with additional dressing.