This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyTFMValentine #TheFreshMarket
Rich and tender filet mignon is seared and cooked to perfection before being topped with the easiest rosemary garlic aioli. Serve this perfect filet alongside The Fresh Market’s Yukon gold mashed potatoes and roasted asparagus for a fantastic Valentine’s Day meal!
Happy February! January seemed to be an insanely long month, so I can’t say I’m sad to see it go. Bring on February… and Valentine’s Day!
If you’ve been with me for a while, you know I love making a nice dinner at home rather than going out. Cooking for your Valentine is one of the best ways to show them you appreciate them… and going out on Valentine’s Day is expensive and crowded. Not so romantic, right?
You may be thinking you don’t have time to make a fancy meal, but I’m here to tell you that you do. And it’s all thanks to The Fresh Market!
The Fresh Market is a specialty grocer known for providing a curated product selection of specialty foods with exceptional quality and the finest ingredients. From seasonally fresh produce to exceptional meat and seafood, signature baked goods and carefully curated organics, all the foods you love are waiting for you at The Fresh Market.
It’s no surprise The Fresh Market has you covered for Valentine’s Day, too!
The Valentine’s Day Meal Kit
Take all the guesswork out of what you’re going to make for Valentine’s Day by ordering this fantastic meal kit! In it you will receive:
- Your choice of protein (filet mignon, cold water lobster tail, or one of each!)
- 1 lb. Yukon Gold Whipped Mashed Potatoes (precooked and ready to heat and serve!)
- Fresh Asparagus Tips
- 12 ct. Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1 Dozen Fresh Cut Roses
The best part? You get all of that for $49.99! Fancy dinner for two + dessert + roses = amazing. ?
You can place you order for a meal kit until February 11th and then pick it up in-store between the 12th and 14th – just in time for the special day!
Now, let’s break it all down so you know just what you’re getting.
There are few things I love more than a perfectly cooked filet mignon. At The Fresh Market, their Premium Choice Chateaubriand Cut Filet Mignon is carefully selected from the center of the tenderloin roast, ensuring tenderness and the best flavor. And, with 9 oz. minimum cuts, you won’t be left hungry!
If cooking your own filet mignon at home intimidates you, I’m here to ease your fears with a few tips.
- Take the chill off! Let your steaks sit at room temperature for about an hour to take the chill off. This will allow you to get a better sear and more even cooking.
- Generously season. Don’t be shy with the salt and pepper! You want to get a good crust when you sear and you want it to have flavor.
- Finish in the oven. If you tried cooking steak solely on the stove, you’d end up with a burnt exterior and and an undercooked interior. By searing one side on the stove top, flipping, and then transferring to the oven you’ll end up with a perfectly seared filet mignon that is cooked to perfection!
I decided to add a little something extra to my filet mignon… it is Valentine’s Day after all. Rosemary garlic aioli is the easiest sauce you’ll ever make. All you need are 5 ingredients: mayonnaise, fresh rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix all of the ingredients and stir in a few drops of water to thin it out and give it more of a sauce consistency and top your finished meal.
With your meal kit, you’ll receive two sides:
- Yukon Gold Whipped Mashed Potatoes
- Fresh Asparagus Tips
The mashed potatoes come precooked, so all you have to do is heat and serve! These delicious potatoes are made with fresh yukon gold potatoes, real cream, and butter. A friendly employee at The Fresh Market recommended adding a little additional cream when heating up the potatoes. I totally agree with her! You’ll end up with perfect mashed potatoes without all the fuss of making your own.
Asparagus is my favorite vegetable. Like, I could eat it every day at every meal. My favorite way to prepare it is roasting, which also happens to be insanely easy. It only takes about 15 minutes in a 425º oven to get crisp-tender asparagus. All you need is olive oil, salt, and pepper. How easy is that?
Dessert and Roses
Not only do you get everything you need for a fantastic meal for two, but you get dessert AND flowers! A dozen fresh cut roses and a dozen chocolate covered strawberries.
And who doesn’t love hand-dipped chocolate covered strawberries?! They truly are the perfect ending to a perfect Valentine’s Day Meal.
For a little something extra, I grabbed a box of the Artisan Truffles… because there’s never enough chocolate when it comes to Valentine’s Day!
You don’t have to stress about Valentine’s Day with this irresistible meal for two from The Fresh Market! Find a store near you here and be sure to check out all The Fresh Market has to offer for the big day by visiting their Valentine’s Day page.
Have a great weekend, friends!
- 1 Valentine’s Day Meal Kit from The Fresh Market ($49.99)
- - 2 Premium Choice Chateaubriand Cut Filet Mignons
- - 1 lb. Yukon Gold Whipped Mashed Potatoes
- - 1 Bunch of Fresh Asparagus Tips
- - 12 ct. Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- - 1 Dozen Roses
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Small Garlic Clove, finely minced
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Salt & Pepper
- Extra-Light Olive Oil
- Heavy Cream
- Pat of Butter, optional for topping
- About an hour before you plan on cooking, take the filet mignons out of the fridge and let them sit at room temperature. This takes the chill off and will allow you to get a better sear and easier time getting a perfectly cooked steak!
- Preheat the oven to 425º.
- Add the precooked mashed potatoes into an appropriate sized pot and set aside.
- Make the aioli by stirring together the mayonnaise, rosemary, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Thin it out with a few drops of water, if necessary. Set aside.
- On a baking sheet, toss the fresh asparagus tips with a few drizzles of oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Season each filet generously with salt and pepper – you want a good crust! Drizzle with olive oil.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat until it’s very hot. (Put your asparagus in the oven at this point, it will take about 15 minutes for crisp-tender). Add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan; it will smoke a bit if the pan is hot enough. Add the steaks and let them sear, untouched for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, flip the steaks and immediately transfer the skillet to the oven. Cook the steaks for about 6-8 minutes for rare and 10-12 for medium*.
- While the steaks are in the oven, heat the mashed potatoes over low heat, adding some heavy cream to thin them out a little.
- Once the steaks are cooked to your liking, allow them to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve the filet mignon with the potatoes and asparagus and then drizzle the aioli over top.
- *These times are for 3-inch thick 9 oz. steaks. You'll need to adjust accordingly depending on the size of your filet mignon.