A simple, but sophisticated side dish for your holiday meal! These maple brown butter carrots offer the perfect sweet and savory flavor.
It’s December 16th and I haven’t made a single cookie or any sweet treat for that matter. WHAT?! I really need to get moving, but there’s just not enough time in a day! You know what I’ll be doing this weekend.
The one thing I’ve had no issue accomplishing is watching Christmas movies. My to-do list is usually overflowing and I’m generally really good about completing it in a timely manner…. except when I get sucked into a Christmas movie. I can blow a whole day watching Hallmark Christmas movies. They get me every.single.time.
Luckily I’m not slacking in the holiday side dish department. Maple brown butter carrots are my new favorite veggie side! Have you ever browned butter? If not, you’re missing out. Butter in general is amazing, but when you brown it? Heaven. Pure heaven.
The nutty flavor of the brown butter paired with fresh rosemary and maple syrup makes for one amazing flavor combo. These carrots are so simple to put together too, which makes them a perfect addition to your holiday table.
Do you have your Christmas menu finalized yet? I just finished mine, which is probably the latest I’ve ever been! I’m traveling home to my parents’ house on Tuesday and I feel like I have a million things to accomplish before then. Tis the season to be busy, right?
And waste days watching Christmas movies.
Anyway, if you don’t have your menu finalized I highly recommend these maple brown butter carrots. It’s a simple, but sophisticated side – my favorite kind!
- 6 Cups Carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once it’s at a rolling boil, add a few generous pinches of salt and the carrots. Blanch the carrots for 3 minutes, or until they are crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Melt the butter over medium-low heat, once it starts to foam keep a close eye on the color. As soon as it turns a pale brown add in the rosemary, carrots, and maple syrup. Stir well until the carrots are heated through and covered in the butter.
- Remove the carrots from the heat, season with salt and pepper to taste and serve!