Do you need to detox now that the holidays are over? I’ve got you covered with 25+ healthy recipes to get you back on track for 2016!
Happy New Year friends! I had planned on posting this roundup on New Year’s Day, but obviously it didn’t happen. I don’t have a good excuse other than I had no energy or desire to even open up the computer the last few days. It’s back to reality today though…
I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling like a slug after all I’ve been eating the last 2 weeks! I need to get back on track with healthy eating… after all, I need to make sure I can fit into my wedding dress ?.
Side note: the wedding is only 130 days away. Time.Is.Flying.
Anyway, today’s post is all about healthy eating! So, if you’ve overindulged and need to get back on track give some of these recipes a try.
- Sweet Potato Noodle Breakfast Bowls: One of the most popular recipes on my blog! These noodle bowls are simply amazing and make such a hearty and healthy breakfast. Plus, they are Whole30 compliant!
- Baked Banana Bread Oatmeal (Courtesy of Pumpkin ‘n Spice): If you love oatmeal and the flavors of banana bread, this baked oatmeal recipe is for you! I can’t wait to give this one a try – I’m all about make-ahead breakfasts. (If you’re gluten-free, make sure your oats are certified gluten-free!)
- Broccoli and Spinach Frittata: Speaking of make-ahead breakfasts, this frittata is great for when you’re in a savory mood. I make frittatas all the time, but this is one of my favorites!
- Paleo Twice Baked Breakfast Sweet Potatoes (Courtesy of Plaid & Paleo): I’ve made these before and they are very tasty! I prepped mine on a Sunday and then each morning during the week, baked them up for a quick, hot breakfast.
- Roasted Red Beet Hummus: This hummus is super pretty and gets a boost in nutrition from roasted red beets. It’s really easy to make and when served with fresh cut veggies is a healthy and filling snack!
- Chipotle Pulled Pork Stuffed Potatoes: A recipe that sounds like an indulgence, but is actually healthy! It’s all clean, real food and is Whole30 compliant! I like to have them as a light lunch or satisfying snack, but they also make a great meal option served alongside a salad. You can also use sweet potatoes if you prefer!
- Chipotle Pulled Pork Lettuce Wraps: Another Whole30 recipe that you’ll never know is healthy! These lettuce wraps are really versatile too because you can have a few for lunch or one for a snack. They also make a great dinner option when served with my Mexican Cauliflower “Rice”.
- Zucchini Rolls: A low-carb take on lasagna! This recipe was my top recipe of 2015. For good reason because they are delicious.
- Tuna in Cucumber Cups (Courtesy of Tastes Lovely): These cute little cucumber cups make a delicious and healthy snack or appetizer. Such a refreshing and light way to eat tuna salad!
- Garlic White Pizza Hummus & Baked Zucchini Fries (Courtesy of No Spoon Necessary): I am simply drooling over these! Hummus and baked zucchini fries? Sign me up! (And, if you need them gluten-free, you can simply use gluten-free panko and flour!)
Salads & Soups:
- Rainbow Chopped Thai Chicken Salad (Courtesy of Tastes Lovely): This salad is beautiful and healthy! It’s hard for some (ahem, Kyle) to get excited about a salad, but this one will do the trick!
- Veggie Power Bowls with Creamy Pesto Sauce (Courtesy of The Garlic Diaries): Veggies + Quinoa + Creamy Pesto = amazing. This is the kind of salad that can sit in the fridge for a few days, which means a good option if you pack a lunch and want to make it ahead!
- Kale Chopped Salad: This is one of my favorite salads and because it uses kale, it’s perfect for winter! Plus, it can sit in the fridge for a few days, so it’s another great make-ahead option!
- Roasted Beet and Avocado Salad: I love beets and avocado together – such a simple and healthy salad! It works as a great base for grilled chicken or shrimp, too.
- Vegetable, Kale, and Quinoa Salad with Clementine Vinaigrette (Courtesy of Beer Girl Cooks): A perfect kale salad to start off the new year right! This salad combines all of my favorite things and I know I can’t wait to try it!
- Pesto Vegetable Soup: Nothing says healthy more than a soup that’s full of veggies! This one has pesto stirred in for added flavor – yum!
- Quinoa Veggie Soup (Courtesy of Inpsychful Living): The perfect soup for using up whatever veggies you’ve got in your fridge!
- Berry, Ginger, and Orange Smoothie: A healthy, refreshing, and flavorful smoothie!
- Perfect “Pick Me Up” Green Smoothie: One of my favorite smoothies – full of veggies, but you’d never know it!
- Purple Power Up Smoothie (Courtesy of Gather for Bread): This smoothie has a surprising ingredient: red cabbage! No worries, though, it’s full of fruit too so you’ll never taste cabbage!
- Berry, Beet, Ginger Smoothie (Courtesy of Delightful Adventures): A smoothie full of nutritious ingredients! There are beets, spinach, hemp seeds, ginger, turmeric, and more. I can’t wait to try this one!
- Almond Crusted Salmon: Quick, simple and healthy! This salmon is a favorite in our house – it’s full of flavor, but comes together in no time. It’s also Whole30 compliant!
- Easy Turkey Meatballs: Another Whole30 compliant recipe! These meatballs are one of my favorite things to make – they make a great snack, appetizer, lunch, or dinner.
- Vegetable Fried Quinoa: If you need a quick weeknight meal, you’ll definitely want to add this into the rotation! It’s one of my favorites and the leftovers make a wonderful lunch, too.
- Shrimp Skewers with Arugula Pesto Aioli: I love these shrimp skewers so much! They are so easy, but full of flavor with that aioli.
- Chicken and Broccoli: One of my most popular recipes! It’s my take on Chinese takeout and remains one of my favorites. It’s so simple and so much healthier than the takeout!
I really need to walk away from this now as I’m super hungry! Looking at all these recipes will do that, but at least they are healthy, right?
Stay tuned for some new healthy recipes coming up this week!